Wednesday, May 27, 2009

what have i been doing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZA78xUzwTA

apparently i thought i would be blogging much more than i actually am, but regardless, check out this sweet video on utube put together by some fellow voluntari@kuera here in paraguay. its good, and you´ll be able to get a pretty good idea of the lives we lead down here en la corázon de sur america. this is my first attempt to upload some pictures on my blog, after 7 months, one lost camera on a fateful night in asuncion, a new camera purchased in the streets of the aforementioned city a subsequent loss of the connecting cable which allows one to upload fotos, here they are (if they upload before i have to catch a bus). if not, well, i dont know what to tell ya.

im here in villarica, on my way out to another volunteers site in order to help him with a día de la huerta at his school, so i´m pretty excited about that. And as for updates on my situation, i moved into my house about a month ago, and it is wonderful, minus the swarms of mita´i at my house everyday due to the close (10 yards..) proximity of my house to the school. but things are getting better now that most of the children are accustomed to a large bearded norte living at the place where they go to school. my garden fence, which has taken more than a month, on and off,, should be done in the next week or two... then it´ll be time to dig and plant! perhaps you´ll be able to see it...

or perhaps not...

peace

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey buddy, good to hear your doing well. Funny, I work at the Meadows with your brother!!! I never knew he was related to you until last night when his buddy Josh told me. He said you got a girlfriend already? you doggg..... haha. I started working with Myryann the beekeeper today and im still at tait farm, they all send their love. I still haven't gotten my placement letter yet, its been 12 weeks, they said it would take 4-8, how long did it take you to hear back? peace and love man

k.a. marshall said...

hey man... hows it going, perhaps you´ll see this sometime. i think i recieved my placement in either late july or early august... later than they said i would. sweet that you´re doing some bee work out at the apiary... tell all those folks that i say hi, and the folks at tait´s too. i´m wondering if youre going to be placed down here in paraguay... that would be wild... hope its going good man... peace